I am a little late to the party….the linky party, that is!
I am linking up with Mrs. Lemons and telling a bit more about myself!
Here are some random things about me:
1. I was adopted by my grandparents when I was little, so between that and other life occurrences my name has changed 6 times! The social security office hates me!
2. When I was a kid I once kissed an iron. While.it.was.on.
No, I didn’t mean to burn my lips. I was just sitting there at the table and saw my reflection in the iron that my mom had sitting there… all of a sudden I had this impulse to see what it would be like to kiss myself. So I did.
But the iron was on.
And my lips were burned.
3. I met my husband online. See, how it happened was like this: I got divorced after 10 years of marriage (and one great daughter!!). I just wasn’t ready to “date”…but I was also bored to death on the weekends. So I started “dating” on an Irish singles’ website. It was perfect…all the flirting and fun (plus accents) without the guy actually showing up at my doorstep. Well, after several months of that, I felt better about online dating locally. My hubby sent me a message that said, “hi.” Six months later we were married on Jackson Square in New Orleans. Within 2 years of marriage, we were expecting our 2nd child. Unfortunately, the only accent he has is a southern one =(
4. My husband is 14″ taller than I am. I am 5’2″ and he is 6’4″. I LOVE it.
(I was six months preggo here and he looks like a baby)
5. I have three kids. Never in a million years did I ever think I would have more than one child…nor did I think I would be a teacher when I was growing up. A ballerina or archaeologist, but not a teacher!!
Just goes to show you that life is full of unexpected surprises.
6. I eat hamburgers and hotdogs in the only evolved way….ketchup only.
The ol’ hubster looks different, 5 years later, huh?
7. I was born and raised in Alabama, but have always felt that I was meant to be living somewhere else.
8. I love peppermint patties…mint products in general.
8. I love mysteries and grew up reading Agatha Christie. My dream is to ride on the Orient Express.
9. My hair is long. I have only ever had it cut short once, after I had my first baby. Since my husband and I married 5 years ago, I haven’t had it cut at all. Oh, and for those of you who have received an email from me, I am brunette…and I do love to laugh =)
10. I am anything but the typical teacher.