I love St. Patrick’s Day. Maybe it’s because of my love for all things Irish or maybe it’s the green beer? Either way, I always enjoy celebrating in my classroom with someone my favorite books and folklore. I have a leprechaun craft that I used in first and third grade, but I wanted to create something simple. Something like this is perfect for kindergarten and Pre-K or independently first grade on TpT.
These turned out so cute and my kiddos had fun making them. I give minimal instruction since it is such a simple pattern. I choose to pre-cut the pieces to save time, but a lot of teachers will copy the template into construction paper for the kids to cut out. It is really just up to you and the level of your students. I have included a wide array of writing prompts and activities to go along with the St Patrick’s Day Simple Leprechaun Craft on TpT.
Doesn’t my new craft make an adorable bulletin board!?
You can see everything included below. There is even an emergent reader to copy and make for positional words!
What you get in St Patrick’s Day Simple Leprechaun Craft
- Simple leprechaun craft template
- Easy glyph that is optional
- Lucky Charms graph
- 4 writing response pages
- patterning page
- 3 graphic organizers to describe leprechauns
- a color chart with St Patrick’s Day-themed word with response page (list) for a writing center
- coloring page
- color by number page
- sort and color
- response page for Jamie O’Rourke and the Big Potato
- Beginning, Middle, Ending page
- labeling page
- emergent reader for positional words
- Wanted page
- How to Catch a leprechaun
If you are looking for something else, I have a FREE leprechaun directed drawing.
I hope you love my new St Patrick’s Day Simple Leprechaun Craft on TpT! Bye for now!